Tuesday, October 1, 2013

October...A new month...and a new monthly challenge!

Hi everyone!!

 I am hosting the October Challenge for Berry71bleu.

If you're one of the lucky ones that get to live where you can see the Fall Foliage, then I envy you.
I live in Houston where it is still in the low 90's and humid. The weather will start to cool off around Halloween.

But if you live in the Southern hemisphere...I am sure you are enjoying the beauty of Spring in all its glory?

It is October...my birthday month and I would love to see what you will create for us this month...


Fall colors is our theme this month.

Use the colors that you see in the mood board.

Here is what I made:

I started with a 6x6 Gelli Art Plate and Speedball Block printing paints.

I mix the colors with a brayer, going back and forth to cover the whole plate.





I played around with it, until I get the effect I want. I will print this on a white cotton Fabric.


The color was pretty strong for me so I lightened it up a bit with liquid acrylic, just a drop or 2. 
I used stencils for my design or if you have punchinellas, they're a lot cheaper and you can re-use.

I made an album by using white muslin fabric. Stitched to make the pages.

I will show you what the pages look like below.

             





Here are my decorated pages:












Here are the prizes for this month..

First Prize:



Random Prizes:

 6x6 Gelli Arts Gel Printing Plate


You will get 2 tubes of Green and Blue Speedball paint.




Main Sponsors:  


 Product Catalog

A Tradition of Excellence: For more than 100 years, high quality art products from Speedball have created Unlimited Possibilities for Artists in both classrooms and professional studios around the world. Speedball is committed to artistic innovation and expression.

Printmaking Is A Time-Tested Craft That Is Ideal For Contemporary Art Expression: Today with the advent of new techniques and materials, Printmaking has gained renewed interest and unprecedented support. Printmaking begins with Speedball - America’s leading manufacturer of printmaking materials - unequaled for quality, safety and ease-of-use.

Economical and Time-Flexible: The Beauty of Printmaking is in its flexibility and economy. Projects can range from simple printmaking exercises lasting only for a short session to more complex projects that can be expanded to include advance detailed techniques. Printmaking is more popular than ever and Speedball Art Products is the artist’s choice!

Speedball Block Printing Inks: Give your creations all the brilliance they deserve with inks from Speedball. Speedball’s Water Soluble Block Printing Inks come in 18 brilliant colors available in 37cc, 75cc, 150cc tubes plus 8oz. and 16oz jars. These inks are easy to clean up with water, non-toxic, gluten free and super for printmaking with linoleum, wood, Flexible Printing Plate, Speedy-Carve™, Speedy-Cut™ and Polyprint. All Speedball inks are AP Non-Toxic and are excellent for use in the studio, school or home. Speedball also carries Oil-Based Block Printing Inks available in 10 brilliant colors in 37cc tubes or 7 colors available in 75cc tubes. Suitable for printing on papers and fabrics, they are non-darkening, waterproof and permanent.

A special thanks to Speedball Art Products and  Gelli Arts for supplying the Design Team with Gelli Arts Gel Printing Plates and Speedball Block Printing Paints.


We love gelatin printing and we've developed a better way to do it!

Our Gel Printing Plate looks and feels like gelatin, but is durable, reusable and stores at room temperature. It's easy to clean and always ready for printing. Monoprinting on a Gelli plate is simple and fun. The gratification is immediate, and the prints are too cool!

Please note that if the winner(s) of this challenge are international they will be responsible for shipping costs.
Make sure you follow our CHALLENGE RULES..

Thank you and we hope to see your beautiful creations this month!


5 comments:

Thanks for your comment. I appreciate it!